Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase through one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We're grateful for your support in helping Bloom and Manifest stay up and running!
More money. Viral success. The love of a lifetime. Maybe even some simple peace and deep healing… whatever dream you’re manifesting, learning how to create a manifestation box can help you to actually accomplish it.
First things first- understand that manifesting is a co-creative process with the universe, or your higher power.
Co-creative means you do your part, and the universe does its part. Yes, this involves aligned action taking and doing the actual work. (See Book: How to Do the Work By Nicole LePerra)
Sometimes people think manifestation is a passive process… “I just make my manifestation box or my vision board and BAM I’m done.” …it doesn’t work like that.
To actually accomplish a dream through manifestation, you have to put in the work. Sometimes endless, persistent work that requires us to heal the things blocking us from what we desire and deserve. But as long as you believe and trust in the magic of the universe, your hard work will be rewarded.
Remember this: The amount of work you put in is the exact amount of leverage you have over the universe.
Ahem, so let’s get to work!
What is a manifestation box?
A manifestation box (AKA a wish box, a future box, an intention box or a magical creation box) is a special container used to manifest something specific.
You fill your manifestation box with things that represent your desired manifestation. This can include trinkets, crystals, plants, itemized lists of your desires, and so on.
Once complete, you set your box in a special place (I like to leave mine on my altar or under my nightstand) and continue working towards and consistently visualizing your desire coming to life. (Right before bed and right when you wake up are the best times to do this type of visualizing!)
Where did the idea of a manifestation box come from?
If you’re like me, you love to explore the roots of your spiritual practices. When researching the origins of manifestation boxes, I discovered the “Magical Creation Box” from Abraham Hicks teachings. You can read more about that in the book Ask and It is Given, which is a really good resource for learning more about manifestation and different manifesting techniques.
I didn’t find anything connecting this practice to an earlier teacher/tradition but if you have info to share on that- please let me know in a comment or email.
What you’ll need for your manifestation box
- Trinket Box or other Manifestation Dedicated Box (I use a carved wooden box similar to this one: Flower of Life Carved Wooden Box)
- Lined Paper
- Pure Graphite Pencil in Cedar Wood -or- Colored Pens (optional but a good way to amplify intentions)
- Crystals recommended: Citrine, Pyrite, Rose Quartz
- Copper, gold or silver trinkets (these help with attracting and pulling your desires into reality) These copper spheres are a personal favorite.
- Dried Herbs (depending on what you are manifesting, there is likely a specific herb you can use for that. This variety kit of dried herbs is perfect for starting out: Dried Herb and Flower Kit)
How to make your own manifestation box
- Gather your box and all supplies. The items linked below are a perfect (and powerful!) “starter kit” for your manifestation box
- Wooden Box
- Lined Paper
- Graphite Pencil (preferred, more powerful material for manifestation) or Colored Pens (color code with your desire: red=love, green=money, yellow=success, blue=peace/healing)
- Crystals: Citrine Cluster, Pyrite Cube, Rose Quartz Sphere
- Dried Herbs and/or Flowers (rosemary or vervain are good to start with)
2. Intentionally prepare your box. Steps outlined below.
3. Visualize your desire daily and use affirmations in gratitude format, as if they already happened (ex: I am so grateful to have xyz).
Intentional Steps for Making and Using your Manifestation Box
- First, set an intention for the box.
What would you like to manifest? You can write your intentions down in the form of an affirmation and include this in your box. Ex: I am so grateful that my business has become a viral success.
2. Fill the box with things that represent your manifestation. Ex: crystals, pictures of what you want, trinkets that remind you of your desire, herbs or plants that are connected to your desire
3. Write out your desire, stating “I intend to manifest xyz” and include an affirmation like “I am so grateful I have xyz.” You can include any quotes or affirmations that feel relevant to your manifestation as well.
4. Let go and trust.
- Set the box in a safe place like on your altar or nightstand.
- Meditate on the contents and your goal, daily. If you can, visualize them coming true every day right before bed, and as soon as you wake up.
- Optional: Keep adding to it! If you find things that remind you of your desire or affirm that it’s on its way, add to your box over time.
5. Take aligned actions towards your goal and do things that will help your manifestation to become reality!
To learn more about the manifesting process, read this post: How to Manifest in 7 Easy Steps
Want to Dive Deeper? Manifest with my Manifestation Planner
Looking for more manifestation tools to use in combination with your manifestation box? Grab a copy of my Dream Life Manifesting Planner.
You may also like:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do manifesting boxes work for manifestation?
Although they are never a guarantee, manifestation boxes do work. Most importantly, they CAN work.
It’s important to keep in mind that some manifestations require us to take a lot of action, do a lot of work, and do a lot of healing.
With that being said, you should also absolutely and always trust in the magic of the universe. Expect miracles and believe in your wildest dreams.
Book Recommendations Connected to Manifestation Boxes?
- Ask and It is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
- Becoming Supernatural by Joe Dispenza
- The Witches Guide to Manifestation- Mystic Dylan
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Are there any Manifesting Box Requirements?
There are no set-in-stone requirements for a manifestation box. The ideas listed in this article are just suggestions to help get you started. Really, all you need is a box or some kind of dedicated container to place your manifestation inspired objects in. The most important part is the intentions you are setting for your box and each item or note placed within.
Can I get a Manifestation Box on Amazon?
There are no pre-made manifestation boxes or manifestation box sets on amazon at the time this article was written. You can however, check out the list of manifestation box “starter kit” items I compiled here: Manifestation Box Starter Kit Supplies
Benefits of a manifestation box?
A manifestation box is essentially a manifestation tool with many benefits. It is one of many methods/tools you can use to add to your manifestation process to strengthen, inspire, or amplify your manifesting.
Another benefit to manifesting boxes is that it can help you narrow down or get more specific on what you desire. This turns into clarity, and clarity lends to our ability to take action towards our dreams. Win-win!
What can you put in your manifestation box?
You can put anything into your manifestation box, really. I love to add pictures, printed images or icons, crystals, coins, herbs and hand written letters/notes. Also, I love adding inspiring quotes that add to the positive vibration of my box.
How long does it take a manifestation box to work?
There is no guaranteed timeline for a manifestation box. There’s no guaranteed timeline for the manifestation period. We have to apply the energy of surrender, relentless gratitude and non-attachment for manifesting to work, and that includes non-attachment to a timeline. You can, however, speed up your manifestations by taking aligned actions. The more actions, the quicker the results.
Hopefully this guide was helpful for your in getting started in your manifestation box creating! Be sure to pin it on pinterest if you’re saving for later 🙂