Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase through one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We're grateful for your support in helping Bloom and Manifest stay up and running!
If you’re looking for a fun and powerful way to manifest- this guide is for you. Manifesting with candles utilizes the power of all four elements: fire, air, water and earth.
The flame represents fire.
The oxygen feeding the flame represents air.
The solid wax of your candle represents earth.
And the wax melting when it burns represents water.
With all of those elements represented in your ritual, your intentions are sure to manifest.
There’s so many ways you can manifest with candles, keep reading and this guide will cover what you need to know.
So, grab a cup of cacao and let’s dive in!
What is Manifestation? (+ Important Things to Note)
Manifestation is the process of co-creating with the universe.
It is a BLEND of intentional magic and intentional accountability on your end. That means, you gotta do the work too.
One of my favorite sayings is, “believe in the magic, but also do the work.”
The reason I love saying that so much is because I think it’s the most balanced (and EFFECTIVE) approach to manifesting…
I know some of you might not like that. I’ve had a few people express that they’d rather I just focus on the magic part. The praying, the wishing, the rituals… “don’t remind us of the hard work, thats not really manifesting.”
But that’s just not how I see it, nor how its worked for me. Manifesting is about actively pursuing your dream life. Its a balance of energetics and *super importantly* the actions that you take to change your life.
You can say your affirmations, do your manifesting rituals (which I love doing and love sharing on this site) and visualize your dream life to no end… BUT if you don’t get clear on your action steps and actually move yourself towards your dream through doing the work it takes to get there and becoming the person you need to be- you might not get the results you want.
The amount of purposeful, aligned, and clear action you take towards your goal is the amount of leverage you have over the universe.
The more aligned action you take, the more likely you are to experience the magic.
Now, with that in mind- let’s get back to the fun stuff and dive into this fun ritual guide for manifesting with candles.
What You’ll Need
- Candle (I recommend these ritual candles)
- Matches (Like these adorable ones)
- Anointing Oil (I use Resonance Oil from Etsy or Road Opener Oil from Art of the Root)
- Herbs (I purchase from my local health food store or from Mountain Rose Herbs for organic, wildcrafted herbs)
You may also like:
How to Use Candles to Manifest: 8 Step-by-step Instructions
The opportunities for manifesting with candles are endless. You can use candle manifestation to call in love, money, opportunities, healing and more. Once you’re clear on your intention- you can choose your ingredients.
The specific oils, herbs and colors you choose for your candle ritual hold the power to amplify your specific desire.
With that in mind, these instructions below can be tailored to your specific manifesting intention.
1. Gather Materials: Candle, Oil, Herbs
Collect your materials and the specific ingredients you want for your ritual.
- If you’re manifesting money try ingredients like cinnamon, frankincense, basil, chamomile and ginger.
- If you’re manifesting love try ingredients like rose, jasmine, cardamom, hibiscus, ylang ylang and lavender.
- If you’re manifesting clarity try ingredients like lemon, sage, spearmint, grapefruit and lemongrass.
>>>Shop for Organic, Ethical, Wildcrafted Herbs Online at Mountain Rose Herbs.
2. Sacred Space
Anytime you’re doing a ritual, it’s important to set up an intentional, sacred space. Try to choose a quiet area where you won’t be disturbed during your ritual.
Fill your sacred space with things that make you feel at peace and remind you of your desires.
I like to keep fresh flowers, fairy lights and extra candles in my sacred space.
3. Cleanse Space and Cleanse Candle
There are many ways to cleanse your sacred space. One of the easiest and most common ways is by using the smoke of burning herbs. Ethically sourced sage, rosemary, lavender or even palo santo all work great for smoke cleansing. Be sure to source your herbs from an ethical vendor, Mountain Rose Herbs is my go-to for organic, wildcrafted herbs.
4. Clarify and Set Intention
Some say this is the hardest part of manifesting! But it’s the most important. You have to be clear on what you want in order to actually manifest a change in your life.
Take a moment to envision your ideal life. What is it that your heart desires?
Once you’re clear on your desire, you can set your intentions for your candle manifestation ritual.
5. Write Your Manifesting Affirmation on Paper
With your clear desire and clear intention, formulate a sentence of two summarizing what you’d like to manifest. It helps if you write the statement as if it’s already happened and connect it with the energy of gratitude, like shown below.
Example: “I am so grateful I accomplished my goal of xyz” OR “I am so grateful I met the love of my life.”
When done, you can either put the paper underneath your candle and leave it there as the candle burns, OR you can light the paper with your candle and allow it to burn in a fire safe bowl. (I love this mini moon cauldron from amazon!)
You might also like:
- New Moon Affirmations: Embrace New Beginnings and Manifest Your Goals
- 50 Affirmations for Money and Magnetism
- 50 Motivating Affirmations for Business and Success
5a. Option #2: Write Your Manifestation on a Bay Leaf
Another option for your candle ritual is to write your manifesting affirmation on a bay leaf instead of a piece of paper. This is a great way to amplify the power of your manifestation by calling on the energy of the bay leaf and allowing it to work its magic.
For more info on manifesting with bay leaves check out my other post: Bay Leaf Manifestation Guide
6. Dress Candle
Next, it’s time to dress your candle. Take the anointing oil and/or the essential oils that you’ve chosen and rub them on the outside of the candle. Apply the oil thoroughly, then afterwards roll the candle in your herbs so they stick to the outside.
*Bonus: you can also carve your lucky number, a symbolic number or your name and short affirmation into the candle to strengthen your intentions.
7. Light Candle and Recite Your Manifestation Affirmation
As your candle burns, gaze mindfully into the flame. Visualize your manifestation and state your affirmation as described above. If you’ve decided to burn your affirmation paper or bay leaf, this is the time to do it.
8. Allow Candle to Burn All the Way
Allow the candle to burn entirely as you monitor closely and stay connected to the intention. If you don’t have a lot of time, birthday candles work great for candle manifesting. You can also use a tea light candle if thats what you have at home.
This completes your candle manifesting ritual. Keep reading below for more specific things you may wanna know like manifestation candle color meanings, best herbs to put on your manifesting candle, best time to manifest with candles and more.
Manifestation Candle Color Meanings: Choosing Your Candle
Each color of candle brings a specific energy to your manifesting ritual. Choosing a color that matches up with what you’re manifesting is a great way to amplify your intentions.
Here are the common manifestation candle color meanings, don’t worry if you don’t have a specific color that matches your desire- the most powerful part of manifesting with candles is your intentions. You can assign meaning to any color you’d like, this is just outlines what each color stands for spiritually.
- Pink: love, self-love, romance, friendship, forgiveness, healing
- Red: passion, lust, love, energy, fertility, strength and determination
- Orange: success, stamina, prosperity, playfulness, independence
- Yellow: optimism, confidence, good luck, focus self worth
- Green: money, balance, healing
- Blue: inner and outer peace, soothing harsh emotions, spiritual guidance and protection
- Purple: intuition/intuitive ability, wisdom, ambition
- White: cleansing, purifying, blessing, calming
- Black: protection, absorb negativity, reveal truth
- Brown: financial success, stability, grounding, balance, travel
- Gold: abundance, influence, power, happiness, awareness
- Silver: ambition, fame, creativity, protection
10 Best Herbs for Manifesting Candles
- Bay Leaf
Shop Beautiful, Organic, Wildcrafted Herbs at Mountain Rose Herbs Here
5 Best Anointing Oils for Manifesting Candles
- Resonance Apothecary Anointing Oil
- Road Opener Oil- Art of the Root
- Manifestation Oil- Art of the Root
- Goddess of Power Oil- Art of the Root
- Money Draw Oil- Art of the Root
5 Best Crystals for Manifesting
- Citrine- money and business success
- Rose Quartz- love, self love and heart healing
- Pyrite- money/finances, luck, prosperity
- Clear Quartz- amplification, clearing
- Aventurine- prosperity, clearing negativity
5 Best Candles for Manifestation
If you’re looking for a pre-made option to manifestation candles (one you don’t have to dress or do much of anything to) check out these options:
- Road Opener Candle- Art of the Root
- Crown of Success Candle- Art of the Root
- Manifestation Affirmation Candle- Art of the Root
- New Beginnings and Manifestation Candle- New Moon Beginnings
- Positive Energy Candles- New Moon Beginnings
- Money Drawing- Art of the Root
When is the Best Time to do a Candle Manifestation Ritual?
Manifesting with candles can be done any time, but there are definitely certain times that tend to be more successful for rituals like this. I’ll expand below.
Best time for manifesting in general. New beginnings, calling in what you desire, and manifestation rituals as a whole are supported by new moon energy.
If you’re manifesting something like releasing bad habits or things that aren’t serving you, or support with letting go of something- the full moon is a great time to do so.
Ruled by the Moon. A great day for cleansing rituals, calming rituals and reflection.
Ruled by Mars. A great day for rituals of confidence, action and ambition.
Ruled by Mercury. A great day for rituals involving communication, presentations, performances.
Ruled by Jupiter. A great day for rituals of general luck and fortune. This is one of the most common days to perform rituals like candle manifesting because the energy of Jupiter is said to bring extra luck and good fortune. I love to do my money manifesting rituals on thursdays for this reason.
Ruled by Venus. A great day for rituals involving love, beauty, pleasure and self-care. Any manifesting rituals focused on attraction, beauty, lifestyle or dreams is encouraged.
Ruled by Saturn. A great day for rituals that involve the structure in your life, and any shadow work that you’ve been meaning to get to.
Recommended: Shadow Work 101: Guide and Questions
Ruled by the Sun. Rituals focused on motivation, identity, creativity, and individuality are greatly supported on this day.
More Tips for Manifesting With Candles
1.As with any ritual, the more you make it your own, the more powerful it will be. Don’t worry about it being perfect or fuss over doing it “wrong.” Follow your intuition and what feels right to you. You have the power to create and manifest anything you want, the more you trust yourself, the easier it will come to you.
2. Take the time to find clarity before attempting to manifest. Sometimes we wanna jump ahead to the big picture outcome without getting clear on what it is your soul actually desires deep down. Don’t manifest on a surface level just based off of the material realm or what you see others have. Take the time to get to know yourself, your soul and your purpose so that you can manifest in alignment with your dharma. Its much more powerful and fulfilling this way, although it does require more patience.
3. There is no perfect timing. When manifesting with candles (or in general) its important to detach from the timeline. Sometimes we need to experience other things before our manifestation can become a reality. We can’t control the timing, but in the meantime we can work on ourselves and what we need to do in order to align with our best selves and our soul’s purpose.
4. Don’t forget to do the work and take action. Once you’ve connected to your inner voice, connected to a deep sense of clarity and inner knowing, and seen your purpose- you have to take action. Manifesting is a co-creative process, that means you need to take action and work towards your goal. The more aligned action you take, the more likely your success.
I hope this guide was helpful to you! Manifesting with candles is one of my absolute favorite ways to manifest. Tell me, what are you manifesting this time? I’d love to hear it!
Pssst! Liked this article and wanna save it for later? Pin it on Pinterest!!