Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase through one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We're grateful for your support in helping Bloom and Manifest stay up and running!
Using the energy of the moon to compliment your rituals is a surefire way to stay connected, aligned and prosperous.
Our ancestors worked with the rhythm of nature in this way. Aligning spiritual rituals with the moon, living life in compliment to the seasons, and even managing the way food is grown & harvested can all be connected to the ways of our past. And this is all for good reason!
The moon in particular can support our dreamy rituals by helping to clarify what it takes and amplify the power we have to create.
Here’s a list of my favorite moon rituals for you to try and see for yourself.
5 Moon Rituals for Manifesting and Healing
Cacao & Full Moon Release
One of the best moon rituals (and one of the most popular) is a full moon release ritual.
You can read more in depth about releasing with the full moon here- Full Moon Release Ritual: Create More Space in Your Life, but overall a full moon release ritual is a time where you come together with other kindred spirits, or set up on your own, and allow the light of the full moon to illuminate what you need to release from your life.
I intentionally combine this ritual (and most of my moon rituals) with ceremonial cacao. I ask that it assists me in identifying what most needs releasing in my life. Ceremonial Cacao has a lovely way of lifting your spirits and helping you to see the truth.
Once you know what you need to let go of, a quick meditation where you envision releasing all that no longer serves you takes place. I like to imagine roots extending out into the earth below me, supporting me in letting go of any negativity, extra baggage or anything thats not serving my highest good.
I recommend purchasing ceremonial grade cacao from Soul Lift Cacao. You can use the code BLOOM to get a discount on your order.
New Moon Manifesting Ritual
Another really popular ritual surrounding the moon is new moon manifesting. You can read more in depth about manifesting with the new moon here- New Moon Manifesting Ritual: How to Manifest with the New Moon, but essentially a new moon manifesting ritual is a time where you can use the fresh, new energy of a new moon to help amplify your manifestations.
A quick and easy way to manifest with the new moon is:
- Create a sacred space for yourself to practice your ritual in. I like to light a beeswax candle, burn incense, get out my favorite journal and set out my favorite crystals.
- Identify what it is you’d like to manifest and write down all the specifics in your journal.
- Create an action plan for your manifestation. What steps will it take to manifest that goal? What do you need to access or have happen in order to see your manifestation come to life? What assistance do you need from the universe? Map it all out and break it down into baby steps.
- Create an affirmation with your manifestation goal. Use this affirmation throughout the remaining moon cycle. State your affirmation first thing in the morning and right before you go to bed- this is when your subconscious mind is most receptive to new programming.
- Follow through! Do the work and take aligned action toward your goal. Trust that the universe will arrange the outcome in your favor and express gratitude as if it has already happened!
This ritual is a great one to do during a full moon, when the energy is amplified and perfect for burning away all that no longer serves us.
On a piece of paper, write down all of the things you’d like to let go of. This can be bad habits, unhealthy relationships, emotional baggage, guilt, shame, hurt, anger…whatever is no longer serving you. Write it all out on your paper.
With fire safety in mind, prepare to burn. I like to use a match instead of a lighter for rituals like these.
As you burn your sheet of paper over a fire proof pot, cauldron or other safe place- repeat the following affirmation to yourself: “I release all that no longer serves me. May every energetic tie I’ve listed on this paper dissolve be returned to the light.”
Water Ritual: Make Moon Water
There are so many magical moon rituals you can do with water! One of my favorites is making moon water.
How to make moon water:
- Choose a glass container (glass water bottle or mason jar with lid) and fill it with filtered water
- Place it under direct full moon light (I like to find a place on the windowsill or in the backyard)
- (optional) Write your intentions on a piece of paper and then fold and place it underneath your glass container
- Arrange a few crystals around your glass. My go-to arrangement usually consists of selenite, citrine, rose quartz and labradorite.
- State your intentions aloud. You can also recite affirmations or say a prayer.
- Leave out overnight and collect in the morning!
What to use your moon water for:
- Drink to absorb the intentions you set
- Cleanse your crystals
- Add a few drops of essential oil to it and make a cleansing spray
- Use it for special cups of tea or cacao
- Water your plants
Moon Bath Ritual
Moon bath rituals can be done around the new moon or the full moon, all depending on your intention. I tend to use the new moon for manifesting themed intentions, and the full moon for releasing themed intentions but there is no one way to work with the moon!
To enjoy a moon bath ritual you will need:
Prepare your bath, allowing your intuition to guide what you add in. While soaking, use the time to meditate and reflect on your intentions to be amplified by the moon. This is a great way to practice the surrender and trust step of the manifesting process.
Which moon ritual will you be practicing this month? Let me know!