Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase through one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We're grateful for your support in helping Bloom and Manifest stay up and running!
The new moon is the best time to set your intentions and begin planting seeds for what you’d like to manifest. One of the easiest ways to do so is by working with new moon affirmations.
As you dream and soak up the freshly bloomed energy of the new moon, take some time to pick out affirmations that align with the energy you’d like to experience or the goals you’d like to accomplish.
If you don’t know where to start, you’re in the right place.
This new moon affirmations guide is filled with ideas you can use for your own affirmation practice.
Grab a cup of cacao and lets dive in!
What are affirmations and how do they work?
Affirmations are powerful statements that you can use to begin shifting your beliefs. If you struggle with negative thought patterns or are working on actually believing your dreams are possible, affirmations are a great tool to use.
Using affirmations regularly (and especially in tandem with a new moon!) is a great way to begin shifting your mindset, your habits, and ultimately your reality.
Best way to use affirmations?
There are many different ways to use affirmations and I always say the best way to use them is the way that feels best to you and also inspires you to actually use and embody them.
Here are a few ideas of ways to use your new moon affirmations:
- Stating them aloud (bonus if its in the mirror)
- Repeating them to yourself in your head anytime you need to refocus
- Writing them down in your journal (daily, if you really want them to work!)
- Voice/video recording them and exchanging with a friend (this is a great way to use them if you thrive from accountability)
- Creating art with them and hanging it in a place you see every day
- Adding them to your manifestation box
New Moon Meaning and Symbolism
Since we’re talking about new moon affirmations specifically, I thought it’d be good to quickly go over what the new moon stands for, from an energy standpoint.
The new moon is the time when the moon is beginning a new cycle. When humans used the moon to track time, the new moon would typically mark the beginning of a new month, or the passing of another 28 days.
The energy of a new moon can be considered a blank state. It’s a time to begin again, dream up new desires, and plant seeds for the future you want to experience.
Using affirmations at a new moon is an excellent way to harness the energy of new beginnings and start manifesting the desires of your heart.
- New Moon Manifesting Ritual: How to Manifest with the New Moon
- Moon Rituals: 5 Rituals to Try with the Moon
- Full Moon Release Ritual: Create More Space in Your Life
How to Write Powerful New Moon Affirmations
The first thing to keep in mind when writing (or using) new moon affirmations is, what are your intentions? Meaning, what do you want to come from the use of affirmations? Do you want to heal a negative mind and self-sabotaging habits? Do you want to manifest something your heart desires? Get clear on what you desire and the end-result you have in mind.
2. Check the Zodiac
Paying attention to the sign that this month’s new moon lands in is suggested. This will help you find stronger themes to focus on and be able to utilize the energy of the zodiac sign to amplify your intentions behind each theme.
You can also check what sign the moon was in at your time of birth (easily done by running your free birth chart on a site like Cafe Astrology) and keep an eye out for the matching new moon. When the moon lands in the same sign as your natal moon sign, the energy is likely to be amplified for you.
Here’s a quick reference on what a new moon in each zodiac sign brings and supports:
Aries: warrior energy, initiation, confrontation, beginning
Taurus: practicality, slow and steadiness, music, money, aesthetics
Gemini: communication, curiosity, speedy, intellectual, social
Cancer: healing, homemaking, emotional, family
Leo: being the focal point of attention, happiness, creativity, pleasure
Virgo: perfectionism, service, analytical, routines, habits
Libra: peacemaking, relationships, artistic, balance
Scorpio: intensity, rebirth, intimacy
Sagittarius: learning, optimism, freedom seeking, travel, culture, ethics
Capricorn: ambition, career, reputation
Aquarius: humanitarian, revolutionary, eccentric, community
Pisces: mystical, dreaming, idealism, subconscious mind
However you decide to use your affirmations (journaling, saying them to yourself, posting them up in your home) its important to visualize the outcome you desire and really feel “as-if” its already happened.
Visualize what your life will look like when your manifestations become reality, this helps your mind start believing it is actually possible.
4. Write in Present Tense
When writing your affirmations, put them in the present tense of your desired reality. For example, “I am so thankful that I finally accomplished xyz.”
This is another way to start programming your mind for success and rewiring your beliefs.
You may also like:
- 50 Affirmations for Money and Magnetism
- Night Time Affirmations for Sleep
- 33 Affirmations for Manifesting Abundance
New Moon Affirmations
“I AM” New Moon Affirmations
- I am capable of manifesting anything I want.
- I am ready to experience the life I desire.
- I am worthy of experiencing my desired reality.
- I am capable of shifting my reality.
- I have the energy and focus to take aligned action.
- I am worthy of an amazing life.
- I am breaking the cycle of suffering in my lineage.
- I am manifesting with a purpose greater than myself.
New Moon Affirmations for Each Zodiac Sign
Note: these can be used by anyone when the moon is in that particular sign, if the current new moon is in your moon sign, or if you resonate with the energy of that sign. In other words- if you like em, use em!
- I am ready for a new beginning.
- I am open to taking the first step towards my dream.
- I will protect and fight for my desires, because I know they benefit the greater good.
- I am self-led.
- I am empowered to face any problems or obstacles, head on.
- I have the energy to start working on my manifestation journey.
- I have the strength to follow through.
- I am comfortable initiating.
- My life is beautiful.
- I trust the timing of my dreams.
- I am not in a hurry.
- I am confident in my timing.
- I am surrounded by beauty and luxury in life.
- I love the way I look.
- I love the way my life looks.
- I communicate clearly and intellectually.
- My curiosity leads me to my next step.
- My social skills attract the right people to me.
- I can accomplish things quickly.
- My intellect is one of my biggest assets.
- I am intelligent.
- I am an impeccable communicator.
- I am capable of healing.
- I am an incredible healer.
- My intuition is on point.
- My intuition is clear and concise.
- I am manifesting the perfect home for me.
- I am an asset to my family and to my lineage.
- My emotions are a gift.
- I honor my emotions and all they have to teach me.
- I am comfortable being seen.
- I am comfortable receiving compliments.
- I am happy to get attention that is aligned.
- My creativity is an asset.
- My creativity makes the world a better place.
- I am worthy of enjoying life.
- I am worthy of pleasure.
- I am worthy of doing what makes me happy.
- I am not a perfectionist, I am an excellentist.
- I uplift the world with my services.
- My analytical ability is a gift.
- I am in charge of my routines.
- I am in charge of my habits.
- I will organize my time around things that get me towards my goals.
- My ability to serve others is a gift.
- I am peaceful.
- My surroundings are peaceful.
- My life is filled with fulfilling relationships.
- My artistic expression is a gift to the world.
- All aspects of my life are in balance.
- I attract the right people into my life.
- I am balanced.
- I am grounded.
- I am comfortable expressing myself intimately.
- My intensity is a gift.
- I am a skillful problem solver.
- I can overcome any obstacles to my goal.
- I am sexy.
- I am beautiful.
- I can start again.
- I embrace new beginnings.
- I am ready to learn new things that will connect me to my desired reality.
- I am optimistic.
- I value the power of positivity.
- I am free.
- I experience freedom in my life.
- I am thankful for all of the wonderful places I travel.
- I will be rewarded for my ethic.
- I am successful.
- I am capable of anything I set my mind to.
- I am grateful for my dream career.
- My reputation will get me places.
- My ambition is a gift that will take me far.
- No goal is too big for me.
- I was born for success.
- My heart will inspire change in humanity.
- I love being unique.
- I love being different.
- I am thankful for the soulful community I’ve attracted.
- I believe in the good of the world.
- I believe the world is filled with good-hearted people.
- I am capable of changing the world.
- I am willing to rewire my subconscious mind.
- My dreams show me the answers I need.
- I embrace my mystical self.
- I believe in magic.
- I am not afraid to dream.
- I know what I desire is possible.
New Moon Affirmations for Money
- I am a money magnet.
- Money loves me.
- My life is full of abundance.
- I attract money from known and unknown sources.
- I manage my money well.
- I am in right relationship with money.
- I have boundaries with money.
- I am generous with my money.
- I appreciate money.
- Money is neutral.
- I make money doing what I love.
- The more I follow my purpose, the more money I make.
- The more I am comfortable with receiving, the more money I make.
- I do not fear money.
- I always have enough.
- I am safe.
- It is safe for me to have large amounts of money.
New Moon Affirmations for Love
- I am worthy of love.
- I love myself.
- I give love freely.
- I accept love freely.
- I am generous with my love.
- My boundaries create healthy love in all areas of my life.
- I am love.
- I am grateful for love.
- I deserve to be loved for who I am.
New Moon Affirmations for Success
- I am worthy of success.
- I am capable of creating success.
- I am capable of experiencing success.
- I know what I need to do in order to be successful.
- My success overflows and makes the world around me better.
- I am already successful.
- I am a huge success.
New Moon Affirmations for Career
- I am doing the work I was meant to do.
- I am fulfilled in my career.
- I am surrounded by positivity in my workplace.
- The work I do has meaning.
- I am successful in my career.
- I am an asset at my job.
- I am an asset to my business.
- I make a living doing what I love.
- My work is purposeful and makes a difference in the world.
- My work makes me happy.
- My work is rewarding.
- My work feels positive, exciting and inspiring.
New Moon Affirmations for Happiness
- I am worthy of happiness.
- My happiness is powerful.
- My happiness is contagious.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I will do what it takes to create happiness for myself.
- I am responsible for my own happiness.
- My life is filled with joy.
- I am surrounded by happy people.
New Moon Affirmations for Inspiration
- I am in the flow of creativity.
- I am inspired.
- When I am not inspired, I rest.
- Rest is a part of the creative process.
- I am full of incredible ideas.
- My inspiration turns into beautiful creations.
- I am creative.
- I inspire others.
- Others inspire me.
- My life is filled with inspiration.
- My life is filled with people who inspire me.
I hope these affirmations inspire you to begin a fresh new slate this month and begin manifesting the life that you truly desire!