Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase through one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We're grateful for your support in helping Bloom and Manifest stay up and running!
The new moon is a perfect time to start focusing on what you want to manifest. Dreaming big, planting seeds and planning some inspired action are all sure to offer you beautiful results when conjured up under the new moon.
Our ancestors paid great attention to the moon cycles and planned much of their life and survival around its cycles. We can gain a lot from honoring their example and applying the same collaborative energy to our modern lives, including in how we manifest.
This guide will cover 15 different manifesting rituals you can try under the new moon, any month throughout 2023!
Grab a cup of cacao and let’s dive in.
How the Energy of the New Moon Affects Our Manifesting Rituals
Each phase of the moon carries a specific energy. On a New Moon, we’re at the beginning of a fresh lunar cycle. These occur every 28-30 days.
When the moon starts a new cycle it offers us the energy to start new things, course correct and dream up the manifestations we desire.
For contrast, the full moon marks the completion of that lunar cycle. This is a good time to reflect and release the things that are no longer serving us.
Related Reading- Full Moon Release Ritual: Create More Space in Your Life
A new moon is a very good time to begin dreaming and manifesting your heart’s desires. You can do so by practicing any one (or ALL!) of these rituals below.
Astrology of the New Moon
When planning your new moon rituals for manifesting, it’s helpful to pay attention to the astrological sign that the moon is in. You can use your Magic of I Astrological Planner (my favorite!) or check on a moon tracking app or website. *Astro Seek is a quick and easy website to navigate when checking the sign of the new moon.
After you discover which sign the new moon is in, you can keep these themes in mind as you manifest:
- Aries: identity, leadership, fire, initiation or beginnings.
- Taurus: aesthetics, art, nature, grounding, earth.
- Gemini: mental stimulation, conversations, air, knowledge, social life.
- Cancer: emotions, water, homemaking, comfort, moon.
- Leo: creativity, fame, sun/fire, sovereignty.
- Virgo: goddess energy, analytical abilities, Earth.
- Libra: balance, beauty, harmony, air.
- Scorpio: shadow self, rebirth, transformation, past, intimacy.
- Sagittarius: travel/adventure, fire, education.
- Capricorn: hard work, career, structure, earth.
- Aquarius: revolution, new ideas, air, uniqueness.
- Pisces: water, mystical, subconscious mind, collective consciousness, dreams.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- New Moon Affirmations Guide
- Moon Rituals: 5 Rituals to Try with the Moon
- 7 Essential Oils to Supercharge Your Manifestations
15 New Moon Rituals for Manifesting What You Want
1. Set Intentions
One of the best rituals for manifesting on a new moon is by setting intentions for the month ahead.
Grab your favorite journal (I love my luscious Magic of I Lined Journal) and write out the following:
- What kind of energy do I want to experience over the next month?
- What do I desire to manifest the most in this moment?
- What action steps can I take towards achieving that dream?
- Write out your goals, hopes and desires for the following month.
2. Start Something New
If you’re looking for the perfect energy to start something new (like that business idea, that blog, or that new yoga routine) the new moon is the perfect day to do it. Be intentional as you begin and focus on WHY you want to start that new adventure.
3. Cacao Ceremony for Manifesting
One of my favorite rituals of all time is making a cup of ceremonial cacao. The best part about doing this ritual at a new moon is that the energy and focus you put into it will be supported and amplified both by the cacao and by the new moon.
To manifest with your own new moon cacao ceremony follow these steps:
- Measure 3-4 TBSP of Ceremonial Cacao into your favorite mug.
- Heat water.
- Add hot water to your cacao mug in small increments, stirring intentionally.
- As you stir, focus on your intentions (what you’re manifesting, what you desire). Optional: add honey or other sweetener and your preferred milk.
- Once you’ve melted your cacao into a paste and finished filling the mug, enjoy your cup of cacao mindfully. Consider all of the hands its passed through before arriving into yours. (I love Soul Lift Cacao for this reason, their ethics and transparency are unmatched!) You can use code BLOOM for a discount, I recommend their Heart of the Earth Ceremonial Cacao.
4. New Moon Candle Manifesting Ritual
To do a candle manifestation ritual on the new moon, you’ll just need a few items:
- Candle: I recommend chime candles, beeswax candles, or even birthday candles.
- Anointing Oil: Resonance Apothecary makes a beautiful one and so does Art of the Root, I recommend their Road Opener Oil.
- Manifestation Herbs: bried basil, cinnamon, sage, rosemary, rose, calendula are all good options. Mountain Rose Herbs is my go to for organic, wild-crafted herbs.
Dress your candle with the anointing oil of your choice (you can also substitute the anointing oil for aligned essential oils you may have on hand). Once your candle is dressed in the oil, roll it in the dried manifestation herbs of your choice. Next, find a good place to light your candle. As it burns, gaze into the flame and visualize your manifestation coming true. Focus on how you’ll feel when it happens. Allow your candle to burn all the way down (use a birthday candle if you don’t have time to monitor a larger one). Give gratitude for your practice and the elements assisting you.
Scripting is a manifestation technique you can use to journal out your desires. To do so, simply write a gratitude letter to the universe, giving thanks for the details of your manifestation coming true. Be sure to write in present tense.
For example, “Dear Universe, I am so grateful that XYZ has become my reality. Thank you for assisting me in making this dream come true. I am celebrating this accomplishment (be specific) by xyz.”
6. Make a Crystal Grid
Making a crystal grid is a great way to harness the powerful manifestation energy of a new moon.
To create your own new moon crystal grid:
- Get clear on what you’d like to manifest with this new moon and set an intention for your grid.
- Choose crystals that align with what you’d like to manifest. (hint: citrine for success and wealth, rose quartz for love, black tourmaline for clearing or protection, clear quartz for amplifying)
- Lay the crystals out on a surface where they will be safe and won’t get disturbed. You can arrange them in a traditional grid pattern or even just a shape that feels good and inspiring to you.
- Using your hands, draw a line connecting all the crystals in your pattern- this helps to connect the crystals with each other and charge the intention of your grid.
- Meditate with your grid (maybe as you drink your ceremonial cacao!) and allow it to stay out for the entire lunar cycle- referring back to it when you need a reminder of your new moon manifestation intention.
7. Make a Manifestation Box
I have an entire post you can read on how to do this here: How to Make a Manifestation Box, but this new moon ritual is great for helping you manifest what you desire. Simply fill a dedicated box with items that represent what you’d like to manifest, and place it on your altar or in another meaningful space in your home.
8. Make a Vision Board
Similar to a manifestation box, a vision board is a compilation of images and words that represent what you’d like to manifest. To make a vision board as part of your new moon manifestation ritual, gather images (real or digital) and arrange them into a collage on a large piece of paper. You can add words that represent what you’re manifesting or words that represent the journey you’d like to experience manifesting. Hang your vision board in a place where you’ll see it everyday and can be reminded of it.
9. Make a Manifestation Jar
Similar concept to the manifestation box and vision board, making a manifestation jar is a fun ritual you can do to call in your desire.
To make a manifestation jar:
- Gather your supplies: a glass jar, paper + pen, crystals, herbs and items that represent what you want to manifest.
- Write your manifestation goal down on the piece of paper. Bonus tip: using a real graphite pencil is a magical way to use elements that strengthen the magic of what you’re manifesting.
- Place your paper in the jar, along with the other items you’ve collected (crystals, trinkets, herbs, feathers)
- Seal the jar by fastening the lid and dripping melted candle wax around the close.
- Optional: Leave your jar out under the new moon so it can be infused with the energy of fresh beginnings. Then place it on your altar or in another safe place where you’ll see it often and be reminded of your goal.
- Take some time each day to focus on your goals. Visualize yourself achieving them and thank the universe for bringing them to you.
10. Do a Bay Leaf Manifestation Ritual
I have a whole article on this here: Bay Leaf Manifestation Method, and this is a great ritual to practice under the new moon! Simply write down what you’re manifesting on the bay leaf, then burn it as you focus on your intention. Be sure to use a fire-safe bowl or cauldron (like this cute mini moon one).
11. Try the 369 Manifestation Method
Beginning your sprint of 369 manifestation journaling on a new moon is a wonderful idea.
To use the 369 Manifestation Method follow these steps:
- Set your intention and decide what you’d like to manifest.
- Create an affirmation statement that includes your desired outcome. For example, “I am so thankful that the universe cleared the path for me to accomplish my goal. I’ve attracted xyz into my life and the result of having this is more freedom, joy and ease.”
- Write your affirmation down 3 times in the morning, 6 times in the afternoon, and 9 times before bed.
12. Make New Moon Water
New moon water is great to have if you want to create a room mist, add some magic to your bath, or drink to fill your vessel up with your new moon manifesting intentions.
Simply leave a covered/closed glass jar full of filtered or spring water outside under the new moon. Collect in the morning and use as you wish.
13. New Moon Ritual Bath
Ritual baths are one of my favorite self-care practices. Taking time to relax in an environment that you’ve created with specific new moon intentions is a powerful way to replenish your energy and get you ready to attract your desires.
Draw yourself a bath with the following tools that resonate:
- Bath Salt
- Water-safe crystals
- Moon water if you have it
- Luxurious Bubble Bath
- Essential Oils
- Candles galore!
As you soak, think about what you’d like to manifest and visualize yourself having it. Contemplate the action steps you can take to get yourself closer to that goal.
You may also like:
- 7 Essential Oils to Supercharge Your Manifestations
- The Pillow Method: A Fun and Easy Manifestation Technique
- How to Raise Your Vibration: 75 Ways to Elevate without Bypassing
14. Attend or Host a New Moon Circle
Gathering in a circle is a powerful, ancient tradition you can recreate today in honor of the new moon. Get together with some friends and take turns sharing around the circle what your intentions are for the new moon. You can discuss what you’d like to manifest, and what aligned action plans you have to make it happen.
I like to combine my moon circles with ceremonial cacao, it’s a great way to increase presence, power and connection.
15. New Moon Tarot or Oracle Reading
An easy new moon ritual you can practice by yourself or with others is pulling some cards. Whether you prefer oracle or tarot, asking the following questions and pulling cards to answer is a fun way to get intuitive guidance influenced by the new moon energy.
Questions to ask:
- What steps do I need to take to accomplish my goal?
- What should I focus on to stay aligned with my path and higher purpose in manifesting?
- Is there anything I need to watch out for or be mindful of as I manifest my desires?
What to Avoid on a New Moon
- Isolation: especially if you’re manifesting new friends or a partner, avoid keeping yourself isolated on a new moon. This is a great time to get out and build new connections! Check out a new environment, meet new people and put yourself in places that align with the life you’re manifesting.
- Spending Time Around Negativity: the new moon is a time where we want to focus on the things we want. We’re planting seeds, setting intentions and planning out our action plan for manifestation. Avoid people and places that carry a negative energy or will bring you down.
- Giving Up on Something: the new moon isn’t the best time for release. For releasing, giving up and letting go, try to align with the full moon instead.
Best Crystals for New Moon Manifesting Rituals
- Selenite– Connecting to our angels, clearing our space and our aura
- Citrine– Good luck, attracts abundance, success and an overall good manifesting stone
- Labradorite– Amplify and strengthen spiritual awareness
- Moonstone– New beginnings & protection
- Rose Quartz– Promotes and attracts love
- Clear Quartz- Amplifies our intentions and manifesting ability
Best Essential Oils for New Moon Manifesting Rituals
- Tangerine or Wild Orange– fresh energy, renewal, attracting good energy and luck
- Jasmine– feminine energy, attraction
- Cinnamon– good luck, manifestation
Best Planner and Journal for New Moon Manifesting Rituals
Magic of I Astrological Planner -this is the planner I use for my daily planning and goal setting. It’s not just a planner but a full on guide of how to work with the planets and moon cycles to manifest in your life. It’s packed with useful information about the specific cycles for the year and when is the best time to manifest, rest, plan, etc.
Magic of I Lined Journal -this vegan leather journal is a wonderful companion to the astrological planner. Its beautiful, luxurious and offers the energy of potential and new beginnings.
Hopefully these new moon manifesting rituals inspired you! What are you manifesting this moon cycle? Let me know in the comments!