Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase through one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We're grateful for your support in helping Bloom and Manifest stay up and running!
Have you experienced a sudden shift in your inner world? Are emotions and sensations that are usually buried bubbling to the surface? Do you feel restless or confused, but in an exciting way?
If so, then it’s likely that you are undergoing a spiritual awakening.
When this process occurs, it can be overwhelming due to all of the unfamiliar emotions and physical symptoms.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what some common symptoms of spiritual awakening are, as well as how to best navigate them while developing on the path towards greater self-awareness and fulfillment.
Grab a cup of cacao and let’s get started!
What are Spiritual Awakening Symptoms?
If you’re experiencing a spiritual awakening, you might notice a range of symptoms that can be physical, mental, or emotional. These symptoms can vary widely from person to person, and they can also change over time as you move through different stages of the awakening process.
Keep in mind that physical symptoms can sometimes be a sign you need to visit your healthcare provider. Its important to use discernment and caution when caring for yourself on your journey of awakening.
You might also like: 135 Spiritual Awakening Quotes to Enlighten Your Soul
25 Physical Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening
Physical symptoms of spiritual awakening can include a range of sensations, such as
- Fatigue or increased need for rest.
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as insomnia or vivid dreams.
- Heightened sensitivity to sensory stimuli, including light, sound, and touch.
- Increased or decreased appetite and changes in eating patterns.
- Digestive issues, such as stomachaches or changes in bowel movements.
- Headaches or migraines.
- Flu-like symptoms, such as body aches, chills, or feverish sensations.
- Increased or decreased energy levels at different times.
- Heart palpitations or irregular heartbeats.
- Feeling lightheaded or dizzy.
- Body temperature fluctuations, including feeling hot or cold without a physical cause.
- Sensations of pressure or tingling in the body, especially around the head or crown.
- Muscle twitches, spasms, or involuntary movements.
- Changes in the menstrual cycle or hormonal fluctuations.
- Skin issues, such as rashes, hives, or dryness.
- Heightened sensitivity to certain foods or substances.
- Increased or decreased libido.
- Changes in weight, either gain or loss, without significant lifestyle changes.
- Increased physical strength or endurance.
- Vibrations or tingling sensations in the body or specific areas.
- Changes in vision, such as blurriness or increased clarity.
- Feeling ungrounded or disconnected from the body.
- Changes in the sense of taste or smell.
- Increased or decreased sensitivity to pain.
- Accelerated or slowed healing processes in the body.
These physical symptoms can be caused by a range of factors, including changes in your energy field, shifts in your consciousness, and patterns of tension or stress in your body. Sometimes, they can also be related to medical conditions, so it’s important to consult with a healthcare provider if you’re experiencing persistent or severe symptoms.
Mental and Emotional Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening
In addition to physical symptoms, you may also notice changes in your mental and emotional patterns as you go through a spiritual awakening. Some common mental and emotional symptoms include:
- Increased sensitivity to your own emotions and those of others
- Heightened intuition or psychic abilities
- Changes in your core beliefs or values
- Feeling disconnected from your old life or relationships
- Increased creativity or inspiration
- Feeling a sense of purpose or mission
These mental and emotional symptoms can be challenging to navigate, especially if they’re new or unfamiliar to you. It’s important to give yourself time and space to process these changes, and to seek support from trusted friends, family members, or professionals if needed.
Overall, the symptoms of spiritual awakening can be complex and multifaceted, and they can vary widely from person to person. By paying attention to your own experiences and seeking support as needed, you can navigate this process with greater ease and clarity.
The Spiritual Awakening Process
As you embark on your spiritual awakening journey, you will experience a process of transformation that involves shedding old beliefs and patterns and evolving into a higher state of consciousness. This process is not always easy, and it can be confusing and overwhelming at times. However, with the right tools and guidance, you can navigate this process with greater ease and clarity.
Stages of Spiritual Awakening
The process of spiritual awakening typically involves several stages that you may go through in a nonlinear fashion. These stages include:
- Awakening: In this stage, you become aware of a deeper reality beyond your physical senses and begin to question your beliefs and assumptions about life.
- Dark Night of the Soul: This stage involves a period of intense emotional and spiritual upheaval as you confront your shadow self and face your fears and doubts.
- Purging and Evolving: In this stage, you release old patterns and beliefs that no longer serve you and begin to evolve into a higher state of consciousness.
- Emergence of the Self: This stage involves a deepening of your connection to your true self and a greater sense of purpose and meaning in your life.
- Soul Work: In this stage, you begin to explore your spiritual gifts and talents and use them to serve others and the world.
- Surrender: This stage involves a deepening of your trust in the universe and a letting go of control as you allow your life to unfold according to divine timing.
- Service and Awareness: In this final stage, you become a beacon of light and inspiration to others as you share your gifts and wisdom with the world.
I have a more in depth article about spiritual awakening stages here: Ultimate Guide to Spiritual Awakening: Stages and Tips
Purging and Evolving
The stage of purging and evolving is a critical part of the spiritual awakening process. During this stage, you may experience a range of physical, emotional, and psychological symptoms as you release old patterns and beliefs that no longer serve you. These symptoms may include:
- Intense emotions such as fear, anger, and sadness
- Physical symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, and digestive issues
- Vivid dreams and visions
- Increased sensitivity to energy and emotions
- Heightened intuition and psychic abilities
To navigate this stage with greater ease, it is important to practice self-care and seek support from guides and mentors who can help you process and integrate your experiences.
Suggested Reading: Refreshing Ideas for Better Self-Care
The Role of Guides in Spiritual Awakening
Guides and mentors can play a critical role in helping you navigate the spiritual awakening process. These may include spiritual teachers, healers, coaches, or other individuals who have gone through similar experiences and can offer guidance and support.
Some ways that guides can support you include:
- Helping you identify and release limiting beliefs and patterns
- Providing tools and practices to help you manage your energy and emotions
- Offering spiritual guidance and wisdom to help you deepen your connection to your true self and the divine
- Creating a safe and supportive space for you to process and integrate your experiences
Remember that your spiritual awakening journey is unique to you, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Trust your intuition and seek out the guidance and support that feels right for you.
Spiritual Awakening and the Self
When you experience a spiritual awakening, you may find yourself questioning your sense of self and identity. This process can be both liberating and challenging as you learn to differentiate between your ego and your true self. Here are some tips to help you understand the role of the self in spiritual awakening.
Related Reading: 5 Things to Consider When Trying to Find Your Purpose
Ego and the True Self
One of the most significant challenges during spiritual awakening is recognizing and overcoming your ego. The ego is the part of you that is attached to your physical body, emotions, and thoughts. It is the voice in your head that tells you who you are, what you want, and what you need. The true self, on the other hand, is the essence of who you are beyond your ego. It is the part of you that is connected to the universe and the divine.
During spiritual awakening, you may experience a sense of detachment from your ego and a desire to connect with your true self. This can be a difficult process as you learn to let go of your attachment to your thoughts and emotions and embrace your true nature. One of my favorite books, The Untethered Soul goes into depth on this process and really helped me to understand that I am not my thoughts or my body, rather I am the essence or the observer of those things.
Self-Awareness and Authenticity
Spiritual awakening can also lead to increased self-awareness and authenticity. As you become more aware of your thoughts and emotions, you may begin to question your beliefs and values. This can be a powerful process of self-discovery as you learn to embrace your true desires and passions.
Authenticity is another essential aspect of spiritual awakening. When you are authentic, you are true to yourself and your values. This can be a challenging process as you learn to let go of your attachment to external validation and embrace your inner truth.
Identity and Purpose
Finally, spiritual awakening can lead to a deeper understanding of your identity and purpose. As you connect with your true self and embrace your authenticity, you may discover a sense of purpose and meaning in your life. This can be a powerful motivator as you work to align your actions with your values and desires.
Overall, spiritual awakening can be a transformative process that can lead to a deeper understanding of the self and the universe. By embracing your true nature, letting go of your ego, and living authentically, you can create a more fulfilling and purposeful life.
The Spiritual Journey and Relationships
When you embark on a spiritual journey, it can have a profound impact on your relationships. As you become more in tune with yourself and the universe, you may notice shifts in the way you relate to others. Here are some ways that spiritual awakening can affect your relationships.
Compassion and Empathy
One of the most significant changes you may notice is an increase in compassion and empathy. As you become more aware of your own emotions and experiences, you may also become more attuned to the feelings of others. This can lead to greater understanding and a deeper connection with those around you.
Love and Connection
Spiritual awakening can also bring about a deeper sense of love and connection. As you become more in touch with your own spirituality, you may find that you feel more connected to the world around you. This can lead to a greater appreciation for the people in your life and a deeper sense of love and gratitude.
Soul Mates and Relationships
Many people who go through a spiritual awakening report feeling a stronger connection to their soul mates. This can mean a deeper connection with a romantic partner, or it can mean a stronger bond with close friends or family members. As you become more in tune with your own spirituality, you may also become more aware of the spiritual connections you share with others.
Overall, the spiritual journey can have a profound impact on your relationships. As you become more in tune with yourself and the universe, you may find that you feel more connected to those around you. Whether it’s through greater compassion, deeper love, or a stronger bond with your soul mates, spiritual awakening can help you forge deeper connections with the people in your life.
Spiritual Practices for Awakening Symptoms
When going through a spiritual awakening, it is important to have a set of practices that can help you navigate this transformative process. Here are some spiritual practices that can help you on your journey:
Meditation and Yoga
Meditation and yoga are powerful tools that can help you connect with your inner self and the divine. Meditation involves sitting in silence and focusing on your breath, while yoga involves physical postures and breathing exercises. Both practices can help you cultivate mindfulness, reduce stress, and increase your spiritual awareness.
To get started with meditation, find a quiet place where you can sit comfortably. Close your eyes and focus on your breath. Whenever your mind starts to wander, gently bring your attention back to your breath. You can also try guided meditations or use a meditation app to help you get started.
To start practicing yoga, find a class or teacher that resonates with you. You can also try online yoga classes or use a yoga app to practice at home. Remember to listen to your body and honor your limitations.
Art and Creativity
Art and creativity can be powerful tools for self-expression and healing. Engaging in creative activities such as painting, drawing, or writing can help you tap into your inner wisdom and connect with your emotions. You don’t have to be an artist to benefit from creative expression – simply allowing yourself to play and explore can be a powerful way to connect with your inner self.
To get started with art and creativity, set aside some time each day to engage in a creative activity. You can also try attending an art class or workshop to learn new techniques and connect with other creatives.
Nature and Source
Nature and Source can be powerful sources of inspiration and healing. Spending time in nature can help you connect with the natural world and cultivate a sense of awe and wonder. Connecting with Source – whether through prayer, meditation, or other spiritual practices – can help you tap into a deeper sense of meaning and purpose.
To connect with nature, try spending time outdoors each day. You can also try hiking, camping, or other outdoor activities to deepen your connection with the natural world. To connect with Source, try incorporating prayer, meditation, or other spiritual practices into your daily routine. Remember to stay open and curious, and allow yourself to be guided by your intuition.
Self-care is important to remember when you are experiencing symptoms of deep change and spiritual awakening. This of course looks different for everyone, so you may have to work to find things that feel soothing to you. Making a cup of tea, spending time in nature, taking a salt bath, taking a nap or going for a walk are all a few ideas you can keep in your tool box.
Explore with different tools like tarot, oracle, crystals, herbs and more to find divination tools that resonate with you and help you to feel inspired. There are a lot of different ritual practices you can begin to enhance your spiritual awakening process and journey of self-discovery.
- Bay Leaf Manifestation: 21 Easy Methods that Work
- Manifesting with Candles: Everything You Need to Know
- 20 Best Tarot Card Decks for Beginners
I hope this article helped you to better understand the process of spiritual awakening and the symptoms that can pop up during. The spiritual awakening process is one of deep growth and fulfillment, although at times it can feel difficult or challening. Remember to practice your self-care, nourish the meaningful relationships in your life, and connect to what brings you a sense of purpose and fulfillment.