Disclaimer: This post may include affiliate links. If you click and make a purchase through one of our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. We're grateful for your support in helping Bloom and Manifest stay up and running!
Although Valentines Day is a quite over-commercialized at times, its still a fun reminder to celebrate love! We should always celebrate love and find ways to remind the people we care about that they are appreciated.
Yes, the constant chocolate and jewelry ads are annoying but here at Bloom and Manifest you know we support two things:
- Knowing the Origins of our Celebrations or Rituals
- Putting a Positive and Intentional Spin on Life
…with those two things in mind, go celebrate those commercial holidays freely!
With that being said, you’ll find a mix of handmade valentines day gift ideas and incredible, intentional gift shopping options for that special someone.
Wether its a partner, a friend, a family member or co-worker you’re thinking of, this guide will surely inspire your generous heart.
Each item listed here was chosen with the intention of encouraging self-care, self-love or generating good vibes… all ideal for getting connected to the frequency of love.
Grab a cup of cacao and lets dive in!
Want to save this and come back to reference later? Pin it on Pinterest!
What are the origins of Valentine’s Day?
Similar to many of our modern traditions and celebrations, the origins of Valentines Day are somewhat hazy. However, after doing some digging I found these two good leads. I have to warn ya, the origins I found don’t feel particularly romantic.
The first is Lupercalia, which was an ancient Pagan festival held in Rome annually on February 15th.
History.com shared the following: “Lupercalia was a bloody, violent and sexually charged celebration awash with animal sacrifice, random matchmaking and coupling in the hopes of warding off evil spirits and infertility.”
Many symbols from Lupercalia seem to appear in our modern celebration of Valentines day (matchmaking/coupling, the colors red and white, etc) …coincidence? Hmm.
The second surrounds the christian Saint Valentine, who was a christian martyr that helped persecuted christians and also married christian couples. He was then persecuted himself and martyred on February 14th.
You can read more about both of these here if you’re a curious nerd like me: Lupercalia and Saint Valentine
Now, onto lighter news.
Let’s get into some fun gift ideas.
The Best Self-Care and High-Vibe Valentine’s Day Gifts by Category
Crystal Gift Ideas
When we’re looking for self-care inspired gifts or gifts representative of love, crystals are a perfect match. You can warm your recipients’ heart with any one of the items listed below. If they’re a crystal lover, these unique items are a must!
- Amethyst Healing Water Bottle– This amethyst water bottle is sure to bring good vibes AND encourage self-care. It’s the perfect glass elixir bottle for making moon water, or for just amplifying your daily H2O intake.
- Bracelet and Crystal Zodiac Set- Who doesn’t love a good zodiac set? These are perfect for your bestie or anyone who’s into crystals and astrology. Thoughtful and also a great way to encourage self-love.
- Strawberry Quartz Love Bracelet– These beautiful strawberry quartz bracelets are perfect for transforming self-doubt into self-love. The energy of strawberry quartz is similar to rose quartz… its high frequency and attracts love from all directions.
- Shungite EMF Protection Phone Stickers– EMF’s (harmful electromagnetic frequencies that our electronics emit) are definitely not romantic. The gesture that comes with giving this gift is definitely wrapped up with the intentions of care and love. These cute (heart shaped!) shungite phone stickers are a great addition to any gift basket or on their own.
- Raw Rose Quartz Lamp– This little rose quartz lamp from Conscious items is not only adorable but also the perfect combination of self-care and self-love. Rose quartz is one of the best crystals for self-love, universal love and romantic love. What better way to call in that energy by lighting it up with this lamp?!
Manifestation Stationary Gift Ideas
Does the apple of your eye love living intentionally and manifesting their dreams? These gifts are their perfect match!
- Manifestation Pen Set– these manifestation pens are perfect for scripting (or writing your desired future in present tense). They’re high-quality pens filled with manifestation crystals… super unique and sure to uplift whoever receives them.
- Magic of I Vegan Leather Journal– this beautiful, luxurious vegan leather journal is a must have for any manifestor or mindful spirit. I’ve purchased from Magic of I for several years now, and keep coming back because the quality and the vibe are unmatched. This vegan leather journal is filled with soft, lined pages that feel beautiful to write on. Plus, they have a silk ribbon page marker that also feels luscious. Check them out here: Shop Magic of I Vegan Leather Journal
Best High-Vibe and Self-Care Subscription Boxes to Gift
Subscription boxes are a really fun gift to give anyone. You can purchase 3 months, 6 months or 1 year worth of subscription boxes to be delivered to your loved one every month. Such a fun surprise for them!
- Tamed Wild – Tamed Wild puts together some beautiful, intentional items that are perfect for any ritualist. Their monthly box includes items like teas, herbs, crystals, oils and other goodies to use in ritual.
- Goddess Provisions – This subscription box is perfect for anyone interested in spiritual growth. Their monthly box includes spiritual tools like crystals, aromatherapy, face masks and other spiritual self-care items.
- TheraBox Self-Care – This mind, body, and soul focused self-care box would be an excellent choice for anyone who you think could use a little extra stress-relief and self-care. This monthly box is mindfully chosen to help reduce stress and promote self-love. It comes highly rated being featured on outlets like: Oprah, Forbes, Today Show, ABC News, Good Morning America, and BuzzFeed.
Bath Ritual Gift Ideas
Who doesn’t love a good salt and bubble bath? Its one of the best self-care rituals. You can put together a little basket with some of the items below and inspire your recipient to relax and let love flow.
- Herbivore Calm Soaking Salts: Pink Himalayan salt, ylang ylang and vanilla are the perfect combo for a self-love ritual soak. Plus they come in a beautiful glass bottle that would fit perfectly in a gift basket. You can also find it in this set with coconut milk bath soak, and rose body polish- Herbivore Bath Ritual Set.
- EO Lavender Bubble Bath: I love love love this brand and all their scents! They’re all organic and botanical based and have the most luxurious feel and nourishing ingredients. This lavender bubble bath would be a perfect addition to your valentines gift basket. The ultimate pamper.
- Bamboo Bath Tub Tray: this bamboo bath tub tray has everything you could need for the ultimate self-care bath ritual… It has a place holder for your favorite candle, a place holder for a cup of tea or cacao, and space to set your book or kindle. This one is sure to be appreciated and up-level your recipients’ bath ritual game.
Best Candles to Gift Your Valentine
Candles are one of the most calming, inspiring and beautiful gifts we can share. Be sure to choose one that isn’t full of chemicals… I’ll offer some of my favorite recommendations below.
- Energy Cleansing Candle– Made with lavender essential oil, sage essential oil, and cedar essential oil- this cleansing ritual candle is a thoughtful gift sure to please any modern mystic in your life. It’s also made with amethyst, smoky quartz, and black tourmaline.
- Terrarium Candle– How cute are these?! I can’t vouch for the scent because these are currently on my wish list, but the plant shapes / terrarium vibe going on is too cute to handle. Perfect for any plant lover in your life.
- Beeswax Love Aromatherapy Candle- you know how I mentioned to be weary of candles that are full of chemicals? You don’t have to worry about that with this one. If you’ve been around here awhile you know my love for beeswax candles… Big Dipper Wax Works is one of my go-tos. This love inspired beeswax candle is perfect for valentines day. Its gently scented with Geranium and Ylang Ylang.
- Beeswax Harmony Lavender Candle- same as mentioned above, but this Big Dipper Wax Works beeswax candle is gently scented with lavender, which is a popular and pretty well-liked scent.
- Lotus Beeswax Sphere– this is another beautiful beeswax candle shaped as a lotus. It has no additional scent added but is you’ve never smelled a burning beeswax candle, you’re missing out! They fill the room with positive energy and the light scent of honey.
Best Handmade Valentines Day Gifts
- Lavender Lemon Sugar Cookies: I found this recipe on In Bloom Bakery and it’s a must try. These lavender lemon cookies are perfect for Valentines day and the coming of spring… They’d make a great handmade gift! Shop dried lavender here: Organic Dried Lavender Flowers for Baking
- Write a Card: writing a card expressing all you appreciate about your valentine is one of the most beautiful handmade gifts in my opinion.
- Make their favorite dinner: who doesn’t love a home cooked meal? Make their favorite dish and maybe add a new spin to it or pair it with a starter course that wows them.
- Make them a wreath or bouquet: go harvest some beautiful greenery or flowers (respectfully of course) and create an intentional wreath or bouquet for them.
- Bake a Citrus Olive Oil cake: take all that wintery citrus and use some of it to bake a delicious citrus olive oil cake. Heres a recipe if you need it: Cookie and Kate Citrus Olive Oil Cake Recipe. Unique, delicious and sure to please!
The Best Mindful Drinks to Gift
One of my favorite types of gifts to give is practical gifts. Meaning, stuff that people will actually use! If you know your valentine loves having a mindful beverage with their daily rituals, this section will definitely inspire you. I’m listing all my top quality and favorite beverages to enjoy regularly.
- Soul Lift Cacao– if you’ve been around here a while, you know my love for ceremonial cacao. It’s quite literally changed my life. Sound silly? You have to try it to understand. No, its not just hot chocolate… its not the same as cocoa powder… its a pure, authentic ritualistic plant medicine that’s well known for its heart healing properties (among other things, which you can read about here: 10 Incredible Benefits of Ceremonial Cacao.) Gifting a nice block of authentic ceremonial cacao is a nice spin on gifting chocolate for valentines day. This pure form of the more well-known cocoa (or chocolate) is much more uplifting, ethical and powerful. My go-to is Soul Lift Cacao, which you can get a discount at using my affiliate code BLOOM.
- Buddha Teas Organic Chakra Teas- These Chakra Teas are some of my regular necessities. My favorites are the third eye blend, solar plexus blend and the crown chakra blend– but they’re all great! This is a unique gift that your recipient is sure to love. The teas are organic AND infused with crystal essences. I can’t recommend these enough.
- Pique Tea- this brand is one of the healthiest, high-quality teas on the market. They triple toxin screen everything for pesticides, heavy metals, and mold. All organic and they use the best bioavailable plants and source from family-run farms. These teas are a bit more pricey, but they’re definitely worth it and a great gift for any tea lover. I recommend their:
Best Oracle Card Decks to Gift
Who doesn’t love getting a new oracle card deck? I sure do! The decks here are ones that have love themes, sure to uplift the good vibes for your valentine.
- Romance Angels– With a love-filled theme covering soul mate relationships, attracting love and more, this deck would make the perfect valentines day gift.
- Self Care Oracle– This one of my favorite decks for self care inspiration. When ever my mind feels foggy and I can’t pinpoint what kind of self-care I’m needing, this deck comes in handy. Its full of spot-on self-care rituals that are doable and practical. If you want to inspire some self-care and stress relief, this is a great choice.
- Astral Realms Crystal Oracle– One of my favorite decks of all time, the astral realms crystal oracle is a beautiful gift choice. Its ethereal, stunning and has an incredible guidebook full of inspiring guidance. Mine was actually gifted to me and I was stoked!
- The Rose Oracle– Rebecca Campbell is one of my favorite deck creators. All her decks are so beautiful, soulful and deep. They’re a great pick for old souls, light workers, healers and more. This rose inspired deck is on point for a valentines day present.
Other Thoughtful Gifts
- Rose Petal Heart Necklace– this beautiful necklace would make a wonderful gift for someone special.
- Kissing Mugs– Another unique gift for your love! How cute are these kissing mugs.
- Phenomenal Woman Glass Set– These Maya Angelou themed glasses are sureee to win gift of the year. Scripted with words from my favorite poem of hers (and probably the favorite of many others too!) Phenomenal Woman is a beautiful ode to the power of the divine feminine. These glasses are a beautiful way to express that same sentiment and appreciation.
- Ceremonial Mug– This beautiful set would go great with a block of ceremonial cacao.
Hopefully you found some good gift ideas here! Wether for your partner, friend or family member- I’m sure they’ll be happy to know you we’re thinking of them. Happy Valentine’s!